BD Construction, Inc., one of the Midwest’s leading commercial construction companies, is seeking a qualified site superintendent with experience in healthcare and/or education construction. Candidate will foster a teamwork approach working with clients and subcontractors at job sites primarily in Nebraska and Kansas, overseeing every aspect of new construction or renovation. This individual must have supervisory experience and be able to manage multiple aspects of a construction project at one time.
To apply, please email your resume to [email protected].
A successful candidate in this role will have excellent communication skills to build long-term relationships with owners as well as subcontractors. This individual will ensure that work performed on the construction site is executed according to plan, schedule and budget as well as meets quality and safety standards. He or she must be able to solve problems and identify potential concerns as well as be detail oriented, meet strict deadlines and be accountable.
Site Superintendent Job Duties
- Coordinate all construction services and activities on the job site
- Communicate with the project owner, the project manager, laborers and sub-contractors
- Maintain safety and building code standards on the job site
- Phase the work of subcontractors to remain on budget and on schedule
- Drive cost-effective construction techniques in the field
- Maintain a daily job log
- Uphold a professional working environment among all contractors
- Coordinate delivery of materials on the job site
- Handle special projects as requested by management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
Site Superintendent Skills and Qualifications
- Possesses strong supervisory and management abilities.
- Exhibits excellent critical thinking as well as problem solving skills.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills
- Effectively manages time and has the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal communication skills.
- Possesses a dedicated work ethic.
Experience and Education
- 10+ years in construction
- Supervisory experience of subcontractors and laborers in the field
- Proficient in Windows operating system and able to learn construction management software
- Experience working on smartphones and tablets