Now Hiring: Office Manager/Accounts Payable
BD Construction, Inc., one of the Midwest’s leading commercial construction companies, is seeking a qualified office manager with accounts payable responsibilities. Candidate must be organized to ensure the smooth running of the office for a busy construction firm and manage all bookkeeping for the accounts payables for the company.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
A successful candidate in this role is someone who has accounting skills, good communication skills with a positive attitude, enjoys making a contribution, can be trusted with confidential information and works well in a team environment. Must be organized, detail oriented, meet strict deadlines and be accountable.
Office Manager/Accounts Payable Job Duties
- Process accounts payables in a timely fashion
- Analyze invoices to determine if it is charged to a job or an expense account.
- Pay vendors by preparing and scheduling checks, monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, contractor registrations, resolving invoice or payment discrepancies, ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos and issuing stop payments.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Be knowledgeable of Sales and Use Tax regulations per state
- Process employee expense account
- Disburse petty cash and manage the account
- Maintain appropriate employee personnel records and manage employee benefits plans, including with new hires
- Serve as the point person for any office needs, including supply purchases, equipment purchases and maintenance, mail, errands, shopping
- Manage office vendors including those for cleaning, catering, landscaping, maintenance, etc.
- Distribute and track building access keys
- Plan in-house or off-site activities like parties, celebrations, tailgates, etc.
Office Manager/Accounts Payable Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient in construction accounting software, Sage preferred, as well as Microsoft Office software.
- Possess strong organization abilities.
- Exhibit exceptional organizational skills and is an effective time manager and multi-tasker.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess general math skills and an understanding of bookkeeping concepts.
- Has a dedicated work ethic.
Experience and Education
- Associate’s degree in accounting, business or related field at a minimum.
- Experience in office management or accounts payable.