BD Construction strives to be more than a construction firm, we work to make communities healthier, smarter and more economically vibrant.
The BD culture fosters and encourages staff involvement in community organizations like the Chamber of Commerce, service clubs, churches, cultural and human service agencies. Our crew participates in service projects for the community, including building a new playground for a local school.
As a leader in the construction field in the Midwest, BD Construction team members participate in the Associated General Contractors-Nebraska Building Chapter, a leading association for the commercial construction industry. Through ongoing training, our team members grow in their knowledge and expertise of the industry and remain current on construction trends.
Additionally, BD Construction has partnered with area high schools and colleges to help develop curriculums to educate students for life-long, rewarding careers in construction.
Mark Benjamin Building Opportunity Scholarship
The Mark Benjamin Building Opportunity Scholarship is granted annually in memory of former BD Construction president and CEO, Mark Benjamin. Buffalo County students with financial need can receive $1,800 toward the pursuit of construction trades at an accredited two-year trade, vocational or technology institute of higher learning in Nebraska. This scholarship is offered in conjunction with the Benjamin family, BD Construction, Kearney Area Chamber of Commerce and private donors. Scholarship guidelines and an application can be found on the Kearney Area Community Foundation website.
Where We Give Back
BD Construction is honored to sponsor organizations that support the industries we serve, including health care and education.
- Phelps County Development Council Prosperity Project
- University of Nebraska Foundation
- Kearney Cosmos BackPack Program
- Howard County Medical Center Foundation
- Kearney Area Jubilee Center
- Scholarship Fund at Central Community College Foundation
- Nebraska Rural Communities Schools Association
- Golden K Kiwanis
- Wounded Warrior Project
- Kearney Catholic High School Post Prom
- Kearney Public Schools Post Prom
- Pleasanton High School Post Prom
- Amherst Public School
- Relay for Life
- St. Paul Volunteer Fire and Rescue
- Special Olympics Nebraska
- SAFE Center
- Fight Against Breast Cancer
- Kearney Area Community Foundation
- American Heart Association
- Windmill Foundation
- Kearney Therapeutic Horseback Riding
- Make-A-Wish Nebraska
- Buffalo County Historical Society
- Kearney Area Children’s Museum
- Zion Lutheran School
- Faith Christian School
- Kearney Habitat for Humanity
- Archway Society
- United Way of the Kearney Area
- Kearney Little League
- Kearney Chamber of Commerce
- Brodstone Memorial Foundation