A successful candidate in this role will have excellent organization and communication skills to develop a plan and sequence of work for completion of large-scale commercial construction projects. This individual will build long-term relationships with owners as well as subcontractors through open, honest and timely communication throughout the project. This individual will direct the work of the project to ensure it is completed safely, on time and on budget.
Project Manager Job Duties
- Oversee a construction project from start to finish
- Coordinate communications between the site superintendent, architect, engineers and owners including preconstruction and monthly progress meetings. Raise and discuss relevant issues. Prepare and issue minutes and agenda for meetings.
- Manage the project by preparing a schedule and coordinating deliverables, materials and subcontractors
- Process contracts and change orders and manage contractual conditions of performance
- Obtain all necessary permits and manage regulatory requirements and safety needs
- Order materials and equipment and manage inventory
- Monitor work progress to ensure it remains on schedule and on budget
- Resolve problems that might affect the schedule or budget and prevent emerging ones
- Schedule, track and record independent testing and inspections as required.
- Manage the cost of a project; review and approve all invoices for a job and pay applications
- Administer the paper and electronic filing system for all documents related to a project
- Ensure that “as-built” drawings are prepared and filed. Issue final close-outs to owner accordingly.
- Coordinate the one-year warranty walk-through
- Handle special projects as requested by management
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner
Project Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Knows construction management processes and methods.
- Understands the construction process.
- Proficient in planning and scheduling.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills.
- Competent in conflict/crisis management and problem solving.
- Effectively manages time and has the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills along with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possesses a dedicated work ethic.
Experience and Education
- 5 or more years in construction
- Bachelor’s degree in construction, project management or related field
- Proficient in Windows operating system and able to learn construction management software. Prefer experience with Consensus Docs, Submittal Exchange, Sage and PVault.
Interested candidates should email a resume to [email protected]